| || |
Canon PowerShot D10 12.1 MP Compact Digital Camera
April 2009 · Canon · PowerShot · PowerShot D Series · Point & Shoot · 12.1 megapixel · 3 x optical zoom · Compact Sensor · CCD · Underwater
For those with a taste for adventure, there's a camera as bold as the active life you lead. It's the Canon PowerShot D10. Waterproof, freezeproof and shockproof; it's tough enough to take what you dish out. Plus it's got all the high performance features you expect from a Canon ...
Digital Cameras from other brands
- $63($53 less)With VideoMuch NewerWorse Reviews
- $80($36 less)With Image StabilizationWith VideoLighter5 vs 6.7 ounce
- $61($55 less)Higher Resolution16 vs 12.1 megapixel
- $100($16 less)Much Newer
- $450($334 more)CMOSWith VideoHeavier9.4 vs 6.7 ounce
- Take this camera anywhere - waterproof to 33 feet, cold resistant from 14-104°F and shockproof up to 4 feetLife can take you almost anywhere. So Canon engineered a digital camera durable enough to go where you go and produce the kind of awe-inspiring images that will earn your respect. It's the PowerShot D10 and it is no ordinary digital camera. This unique camera is waterproof down to 33 feet so you can take it scuba diving, snorkeling or surfing. It's freezeproof and can withstand extremes of temperature from 14-104°F so it's also ideal for snowboarding, mountaineering and more. Plus, it's shockproof, so when the going gets rough, the D10 will keep going strong.
- DIGIC 4 Image Processor has evolved Face Detection technology that tracks the faces of moving subjects and lets the shooter enter the frame seamlessly with the Face Detection Self-timerCanon's most advanced image processor, DIGIC 4, delivers evolved Face Detection technology that keeps every face in every photo looking its very best. The technology finds and tracks the faces of moving subjects until you're ready to shoot, then delivers perfect focus. In addition, exposure, flash and white balance are compensated, so that faces exhibit natural skin tones and backgrounds are properly exposed. A Face Detection Self-timer automatically detects an increase in the number of faces and makes the appropriate adjustments. For instance, to include the photographer's face in a group shot, there's no need to rush in. Just put the camera on a stand or tripod, specify Face Detection Self-timer, and the camera will wait for the photographer's face to get on-camera before it takes the shot. Motion Detection tracks moving subjects in a much larger range - allowing you to wait for the perfect shot without refocusing.
- 12.1-megapixel for amazing resolution and editing, plus 3x optical zoom lens with Optical Image StabilizerWith the PowerShot D10, dramatic, personal pictures have never been easier to shoot and share. This 12.1-megapixel camera lets you create impressively large photos of family and friends you'll be proud to display. The PowerShot D10 has a 3x optical zoom that gives you the power to shoot distant subjects with razor-sharp precision and stunning lifelike color. The PowerShot D10 is equipped with Canon's acclaimed Optical Image Stabilizer technology that automatically detects and corrects camera shake - one of the leading causes of fuzzy or blurred shots. Even when zoomed in, you can get the steady, crisp, brilliant images you'll be proud to shoot and share. And Canon's Optical Image Stabilizer technology is so convenient to use. It functions perfectly with or without a flash.
- Blink Detection alerts a shooter after a shot has been taken that a subject has closed eyesNothing ruins a great picture more than having your subjects' eyes closed. That's why the PowerShot D10 is equipped with Blink Detection. If closed eyes are detected, a "blink warning" icon appears for 3 seconds, allowing you to re-take the shot before your subject or subjects move on. Blink Detection provides you with extra assurance when capturing once-in-a-lifetime moments like planting the flag at the summit of the mountain.
- Smart Auto intelligently selects the proper settings for the camera based on 18 predefined shooting situationsJust set the Canon PowerShot D10 to Smart Auto and you're ready for maximum enjoyment from your picture taking every time. It's a relaxing and satisfying way to shoot because you can completely concentrate on your subject knowing that the camera has the technical details covered. Advanced Canon technology intelligently analyzes your situation and shooting conditions. Then it automatically selects an appropriate setting from 18 specially defined settings. So whether you're photographing flowers, a captivating sunset, or your friends at the park, you can be confident that you're getting dramatic, memorable images.
- Canon PowerShot D10 ReviewPros: Waterproof up to 33 feet, weatherproof to 14 degrees Fahrenheit, dustproof and shockproof, large, easy-to-use buttons, sharp image quality
Cons: Bulky size, limited wide-angle lens, no manual settings, image noise at higher ISO settings, shoots only standard-definition video
The bright blue Canon PowerShot D10 formerly lapped the competition with its winning combination of ruggedness and superior image quality, but it's now surpassed by its newer, better rivals like the Panasonic Lumix DMC-TS3 , which shoots full HD video (the Canon shoots only standard-def). And don't look for the D10 to win any fashion awards. ... Read full review
- ExcellentPros: Easy to Use; Great Resolution; Good in Low Light; Great Zoom; Small / Compact; Good Battery Life
I take this into bad weather and salt and fresh water and has performed very well. Good IQ for the size. Good for close ups underwater as well. Don't like the design too much, but it contributes to the ruggedness and I can get it easily out of my pockets when sailing since it has nothing which can snag on things. Can take a fair amount of abuse snowboarding and skiing as well. Overall brilliant. Read full review
- Not Waterproof Over TimePros: Resistant to splashes; Large Clear LCD; Good Battery Life; Easy to Use
Cons: Poor Image Stabilization; Not very waterproof; Lag / Shutter Delay
As a sea kayaker I need a waterproof camera. The Canon D10, like the Canon D20, is rated for underwater use to a depth of 33 feet. However, when the camera was just over one year old, my kayak caught a large starboard wave, capsizing my kayak. I immediately rolled back upright. My Canon D10 camera was no more than three (3) feet underwater for no more than six (6) seconds. The camera did not function after that. When I returned home I opened the battery case and observed that water had entered the camera. I contacted Canon and they wanted to charge me $179.00 plus tax plus shipping both ways for a refurbished D10. I expected Canon to stand behind their product, but they did not.
I just purchased a second D10 because Adorama offered such a good price and am hoping this one will last longer that my first camera.
When functioning, the D10 takes good photographs, although for action shots, it takes the camera forever to focus and take the picture after the shutter button is depressed. However, mechanically, especially in terms of waterproofing, it is NOT robust. The seal for the battery compartment wears out relatively quickly and Canon does NOT sell replacement seals. Unbelievable! Read full review
|Product Type||Digital camera - compact|
|Sensor Resolution||12.1 Megapixel|
|Optical Sensor Type||CCD|
|Total Pixels||12,700,000 pixels|
|First Seen On Google Shopping||April 2009|