Call of Duty EliteSee the full experience
With this years Black Ops II launch, Call of Duty has become one of the highest grossing entertainment franchise with a following of over 30 million gamers. The goal of Call of Duty Elite is to provide a service that extends a player’s game experience throughout the Call of Duty series. Elite achieves this by providing meaningful player data, a social network for player and clans, a second screen experience during game play, and endless amount of Call of Duty content.
The Building Blocks
We were inspired by gaming culture and using technology to develop something that people can use to be creative. As an ad agency, we had to keep reminding ourselves that we were never making an ad. We were making the tools for other people to make ads. It’s a video game version of a commercial maker. What was most exciting about this project is that we didn’t know what people were going to do with it. There were, literally, trillions of permutations of what a commercial would look like.
- Activision www.activision.com/
- Andrew Hoffacker, Associate Producer
- Beachhead Studio beachheadstudio.com/
- Christina Chan, Mobile Lead, Senior UX Designer
- Ted Angelilli, Art Director
- Rudy Koch, Producer
- Cam Warnock, Lead Mobile Engineer
- Chris Chernoff, Senior UX Designer
- Eric Wu, Visual Designer
- Jennifer Puno, UX Director
- Anthony La Pusata, Senior Visual Designer
- James Scott, Senior UX Designer
- Kyle Blackmanm, Visual Designer
- Dorian Compo, UX Lead
- Celeste Pang, UX Designer
- Atimi Software www.atimi.com/
- 1K total hours of missed sleep
- 3K+ lines of code written
- 25+ team members working on this project
Elite provides features a player can use during and away from the game on mobile and web. Direct integration points with the game allows each player to modify "custom classes" or sets of weapons and perks players can use during the game straight from their mobile devices. Game matches can now be streamed live directly onto a personal mobile device giving players ultimate access to content on-the-go.