Small Business SaturdaySee the full experience
The aspiration was crazy: How can we create a National Holiday through grass-roots efforts (social media!) to support small businesses across America? How can we inspire merchants and consumers to take this idea and run with it? Given the state of the economy, we knew the idea was ripe, and American Express was perfectly positioned to ignite it.
The Building Blocks
- DIGITAS www.digitas.com
- Lincoln Bjorkman, Chief Creative Officer
- Atit Shah, SVP, Group Creative Director
- Matt DErcole, EVP, Executive Creative Director
- Mark Kiernan, EVP, Marketing Director
- Lewis McVey, VP, Group Creative Director
- Jesse Suchmann, VP Creative Director
- 34 stomach ulcers
- 40 Team members working on this project
- 2000 total hours of missed sleep
Boosted sales for Small Businesses across America by 23%. Made an official holiday by the United States Congress. Tweeted about by President Obama. Almost 3 million people engaged with it on Facebook. Covered extensively by National and Local News media -- millions of dollars in free PR. In just 2 years, it has solidified its place as a national holiday and cultural phenomenon.