Audi Social StuntSee the full experience
The largest automobile brand page on Facebook was about to hit 500,000 fans. We wanted to prove to the fans that we like them back. So we invented the social stunt. We took YouTube most celebrated Audi, the Audi R8. Added Le Mans winner Dindo Capello. And sent them on a mission. On a little racetrack he drifted the number “500,000” onto the asphalt. Response was overwhelming. The clip spread and Audi pushed it on TV. The first Facebook film to hit the airwaves. But Audi isn’t a one-trick pony. For our fans we created 20 unique prints using the messed up treads of of the Audi R8 tires.
The Building Blocks
- razorfish GmbH www.razorfish.de
- Sascha Martini, Executive Client Partner
- Alina Hueckelkamp, Head of Planning
- Kathrin Stieler, Strategy
- Felix Stock, Concept
- Janine Gollub, Copywriter
- Boris Eldagsen, Concept
- Moritz Maurer, Art Direction
- Thiemo Borchart, Account Management
- Aileen Poller, Account Management
- Audi AG www.audi.de
- Dieter Kopitzki, Head of Digital Marketing
- Falco Muench, Project Manager Social Media
- Markenfilm Berlin www.markenfilmberlin.de
- Laszlo Kadar, Director
- Felix Vollmar, Producer
- Boris Schepker, Executive Producer
- audioforce GmbH www.audioforce.de
- Henrik Smith, Cut
- Rudi Hensel, Online
- Daniel Basle, Online
- 13 team members working on this project
- 108 lines of code written
- 117 hours of missed sleep
We gave our fans something back by doing what we do best: Presenting them the art of engineering. We showcased our passion for the fans, our dedication to digital communications and one pretty amazing Audi technology.
We achieved many ‘firsts’ and set a couple new benchmarks. We invented the social stunt. Created a whole lot of buzz. Crafted twenty unique social artifacts. And by chance, we also created the first fan page film to air on TV.
+ 17% Fan growth, 44.000.000 in media impressions worth just about 1 million.