Volkswagen Innovation ChannelSee the full experience
We had the job to raise the awareness that Volkswagen is an innovative brand and always offers to the consumers the latest technologies. So instead of releasing a conventional web site, we decided to launch a micro site inside YouTube. All sections are hosted by Brazilian famous actor Lázaro Ramos, and they are divided in four parts - each one highlighting a feature introduced by a Volkswagen car. This was the perfect way to present innovations: an innovative channel and format on Youtube.
The Building Blocks
The idea came alive just because of the different and innovative format
that Mimicry has. The whole project wasn't possible without this specific
format. All the innovations were presented with Youtube interactions, in
Volkswagen's Brand Channel. So without Youtube, anything would be
Google and Almap worked very hard to have everything done perfectly and to present to the consumer innovations in an innovative way.
- AlmapBBDO www.almap.com.br
- Luiz Sanches, Executive Creative Officer
- Renato Simoes, Creative Director and CW
- Marcos Medeiros, Creative Director
- Luciana Haguiara, Co Creative and CW
- Sandro Rosa, Co Creative
- Vanessa Marques, User experience designer
- Isabela Crepaldi, Account Supervisor and Project Manager
- Ana Carolina Cintra, Project Manager
- Fernando Boniotti, Head of Technology
- Fernao Cosi, Account Director
- Filipe Bartholomeu, Account Director
- Gabriel Dagostini, RTVC
- Tais Bezerra, RTVC
- Marcello Serpa, Chief Creative Officer
- Felipe Hauck, Art Director
- 100 total hours of missed sleep
- 32 team members working on this project
- 1.980 total hours spent on this project
According to Comscore, in just 1 month, Volkswagen Innovation Channel had
more visitors than Peugeot, Toyota, Hyundai and Nissan had in the same
period in their Brazilian websites. From the start of the campaign, the
number of fans on the Volkswagen Facebook page increased by 1448%,making
it the car manufacturer with the highest number of fans in the
The campaign showing Volkswagen’s technologies stirred the public’s imagination.
After the campaign, the brand could transmit its objectives for consumer, which are related to innovation.
To communicate innovation, an innovative campaign!