H&M Uses Google+ to Deliver Engaging Exclusive Content
This case study shows how Google+ enables international fashion retailer H&M to “be where people are and have a dialogue and share the latest fashion.” Each day, they connect with more than 940,000 people through photos, videos and exclusive content that reinforces their brand as a fashion lifestyle. In doing so, Google+ Ripple allows them to pinpoint true influencers in their community and continue to evolve their posts for better dialog with consumers.
- Be where our customers are
- Create dialogue with customers
- Increase reach for sharing fashion
- Share content on Google+ as a source for inspiration and exclusivity
- Use Google+ Ripples feature to analyze sharing trends
- Integrate social strategy into search with Adwords social extensions
- 22% CTR uplift in search due to social extensions
- Increased user engagement with higher averages in post comments and reshares
Using Google+ as a source for inspiration and exclusivity
"We think it is important to be active and post news every day, just as in our other social media channels," Miriam continues, "and we are also careful to make sure that what we publish is relevant to our followers." With its emphasis on trend-led and up-to-the-minute fashion, H&M's Google+ page presents artistic, aesthetically pleasing content and often includes celebrities.
Instead of replicating the experience of shopping in the store or on the
website, the page supplies a steady stream of interactive content tailored
specifically to the Google+ audience. "We want our followers on Google+ to feel
that what they get is unique," Miriam says. H&M publishes a captivating
range of exclusive collection previews and contests through Google+, as well as
offering access to behind the scenes footage - like a Vogue editor preparing
for an H&M
All of this has resulted in great levels of engagement from fans Results with the following results so far:
- Average number of +1's per post: 72
- Average number of reshares per post: 11
- Average number of comments per post: 22
Their most popular posts are the ones with for their top collections with Beckham, Versace and Marni.
Using ripples to analyse trendsetting
Using social extensions to integrate social strategy into
*The CTR uplift calculation of Social extensions is based on a week over week comparison of the same campaigns. With this methodology, some extraneous factors may impact the numbers slightly, but in all cases we attempted to correct for those factors.
"We want our followers on Google+ to feel that what they get is unique"
- Published June 2012