Metrics & Tracking
Avinash Kaushik, Digital Marketing Evangelist at Google, shares his insights on how to measure success online. Instead of focusing on clicks and conversion, which only measure 2% of online activity, he encourages marketers to examine completion rate, economic value added and bounce rate. These factors can help pinpoint why people are coming to the site and also solve for what's not working.
“I really think it’s truly criminal that almost all the marketing is just on conversion rates — that’s just 2%—the mistake most companies make is they just optimize their whole business just around the 2%. What about the other 98%?“
Avinash Kaushik is the Digital Marketing Evangelist for Google and the co-Founder of Market Motive Inc.
- Published September 2011