Model space/paperspace linewieght

Hi all. I am having trouble, when I ajust the linetype scale in model space it shows as a continuos line in paperspace. I have done what I would have done in ACAD psltscale blah blah. But this does not work. Can anyone help?

Cheers 

Comments

• Hello Stephen.

I mostly adjust the scale of the line in the properties bar. goto paperspace, doubleclic in the window, select the line you want tot adjust and change the scale. almost all of the time it will need to be 0,0-something, at least when you're drawing 1:1.

This works for me.

regards

Sander de Geus

• I usually have Psltscale Off but if it's On, Ltscale has to be whatever it would be at the Pspace scale.

With  Psltscale Off I leave Ltscale untouched from its Mspace setting, which obviously is set with its plot scale in mind.

I don't think it handles multiple Pspace scales properly, but I ran out of hours fiddling with it.

Acad introduced two more valiables (Celtscale and something else) to simplify it?

Oh, just found that in V11 - mine's set at 1 and I'm not game to touch it.

• Hello Stephen

I set up a template drawing with the following settings:

PSLTSCALE: Off

CELTSCALE: 1

LTSCALE: set to 20 for 1:100 plot drawing for linetype scale of 1

Walter

• Stephen, can you tell us the specific settings you are using and how the result is different from what you expect?

Personally I work with LTSCALE=1 and PSLTSCALE=1 so my linetypes are plotted correctly. I get the same line type pattern regardless of thet viewport scale and this is my goal. My understanding is:

• LTSCALE is a global overall scaling, affects both paper and model space.
    • PSLTSCALE is a toggle for automatic line type scaling in paperspace to keep the pattern consistent regardless of viewport scale
    • CELTSCALE is a setting to control the line type scale assigned to new entities as they are created

So, if CELTSCALE=1 and you draw lines they will have a line type scale property value of 1 as you can see in the properties panel. Now set CELTSCALE=10 and draw lines. These lines will have a linetype scale property value of 10 and the pattern will be 10 times longer than for the first lines. Now, if you change the value of LTSCALE from 1 to 2 all the line type patterns will scale so the result is the first lines will be displayed with a pattern twice as large and those with the line type scale property value of 10 will appear to be scaled by a factor of 20 (10 * 2).

If you use multiple viewports on a layout and want to have the entities appear with the same pattern length set PSLTSCALE=1 but try with the LTSCALE=1 first because the pattern will be automatically scaled to account for the model / paper scale relationship via the viewport scale factor.

For me, I try to avoid using property overrides on individual entities so I always work with CELTSCALE=1

• Make sure that the VIEWRES variable inside the viewport is set to something like 20000.

I sometimes open some old DWG files and find that VIEWRES in some of the viewports  is set to 100.

This will have the effect you describe.

This discussion has been closed.