Installation & Licensing
Welcome to Autodesk’s Installation and Licensing Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Download, Installation, and Licensing topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Can I install AutoCad 2013 on Windows 10 64 bit computer?

11 REPLIES 11
SOLVED
Message 1 of 12
Anonymous
55987 Views, 11 Replies

Can I install AutoCad 2013 on Windows 10 64 bit computer?

Hello,

I want to install AutoCaD 2013 on Windows 10 64 bit computer. Can anyone direct me the link to download.

Thanks.

11 REPLIES 11
Message 2 of 12
braudpat
in reply to: Anonymous

Hello

NO ACAD 2013 is not supported on Windows 10 !

For me the only way would be: install on Windows Seven THEN update to Windows 8 then update to Windows 10...

Happy New Year, Regards, Patrice
Patrice ( Supporting Troops ) - Autodesk Expert Elite
If you are happy with my answer please mark "Accept as Solution" and if very happy please give me a Kudos (Felicitations) - Thanks

Patrice BRAUD

EESignature

Message 3 of 12
pendean

Message 4 of 12
Anonymous

Hello,

Thank you for your valuable response. Can you suggest me which version of AutoCAD is compatible Windows 10.

Thanks.

Message 5 of 12
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Officially supported by WIn 10?   AutoCAD 2016 with service pack 1 or AutoCAD 2017.

But I have AutoCAD 2014, 15, 16, and 17 all running under Win 10 with no issues.  However I suggest staying away from Win 10 Anniversary version or the Windows 10 Insider Previewer....

Mark Lancaster

&  Autodesk Services MarketPlace Provider

Autodesk Inventor Certified Professional & not an Autodesk Employee

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 6 of 12
Anonymous
in reply to: Mark.Lancaster

Hi, 

Thank you for the response. Can anyone post link on how to install AutoCAD 2016 service pack 1 64 bit.

Regards,

Nithan.

Message 7 of 12
Anonymous

Hi,

Not sure what changed on our end.

Today I tried installing AutoCAD 2013 on windows 10 and it installed.

I believe it is something to do with the updates that we get from MS updates.

thanks

Message 8 of 12
Anonymous

Thanks for this information!  I was in a panic because our newest pc is Windows 10 and AutoCAD 2013 says it's only for Win 7.  No problems running it?

Message 9 of 12
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Well you should still panic..  AutoCAD 2013 is not designed to run under Windows 10.  It may install and work today but at any point it may stop functioning with Win 10 updates.

Mark Lancaster

Likes is much appreciated if the information I have shared is helpful to you and/or others

Did this resolve your issue? Please accept it "As a Solution" so others may benefit from it.

Message 10 of 12
Anonymous

Not to hijack this old thread, but I have a related question within this topic. I have AutoCad 2013, standalone with a permanent license running just fine under Windows 7 64-bit. With the Windows 7 end-of-life looming, I'll need to do something before 2020.

Before I attempt to go to Windows 10, I'll play it safe and buy a couple of years with Windows 8.1. I know that I need to apply SP2 to AutoCad 2013 to run 8.1, so I'll do that. I plan to do an in-place OS upgrade on my workstation to go from Windows 7 to 8.1 ... can I do that directly without worries, or should I use the "License Transfer Utility" applied to AutoCad during the OS upgrade? Again, I'll not be moving to a different workstation, but simply upgrading the OS on the same workstation. Some of the support info suggests using the "License Transfer Utility" during an OS upgrade, but it is not clear if it is really necessary.

Any real-world experience or recommendations on this issue? Thanks much!

Message 11 of 12
Mark.Lancaster

@Anonymous 

Welcome to the Autodesk User's Community..

Some have had success in just upgrading the OS and others have run into issues and had to do a complete reinstall of AutoCAD.   So the first question before upgrading, do you still have the original install media for AutoCAD 2013?

And just because Microsoft is ending support for Win 7 doesn't mean it just stops running.

Mark Lancaster

Message 12 of 12
Anonymous

I understand that Windows 7 will keep running ... I have an old computer in my basement still set up with Windows 98 SE! My concern for today is more from the security vulnerability side when connected to the internet after MS stops sending out updates. Better safe than sorry, right?

In any case, yes, I still have the installation media, etc. for AutoCad; However, I was hoping to keep things simple and avoid the need for a clean install of it and all of my other software. I was trying to understand if using the license transfer utility would cause more headaches than benefit? "if it ain't broke, don't try fixing it" 🙂

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Administrator Productivity

Autodesk Design & Make Report