Community
Maya Forum
Welcome to Autodesk’s Maya Forums. Share your knowledge, ask questions, and explore popular Maya topics.
cancel
Showing results for 
Show  only  | Search instead for 
Did you mean: 

Maya 2014 - Open file window not appearing.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 1 of 8
Anonymous
5310 Views, 7 Replies

Maya 2014 - Open file window not appearing.

So for some reason when I open maya and try to open a file or create reference the window doesn't pop up and I can't click anything else whenever I try I hear a ding sound. I've tried uninstalling and reinstalling, searching online but it seems no one has encountered this problem.

7 REPLIES 7
Message 2 of 8
Anonymous
in reply to: Anonymous

Do you have any errors listed in the script window when you open Maya or when you try to open a file?

Otherwise you could also try to reset your preferences to see if that helps:

1) Close Maya

2) Browse to prefs folder

on Windows   ./My Documents/maya/2014-x64/prefs/

on OSX         ./Users/<username>/Library/Preferences/Autodesk/maya/2014-x64/prefs/

on Linux        ~<username>/maya/2014-x64/prefs/

3) Delete or rename the prefs folder and restart Maya.

Let me know if that doesn't work...

Message 3 of 8
Anonymous

No errors are listed in the script window but apparently now it's working again I don't know how, I didn't open maya for a couple days but today I tried and the windows are popping up and everythings fine. Hopefully It doesn't happen again but thanks for your advice
Message 4 of 8
Anonymous

Hi all,

I get the exact same problem...

Maya opens normally, no errors show up, but impossible to open the Open File window when clicking on Open Scene or Save Scene As...

It seems that Maya gets in the state where it's waiting for a user input thou, but no window appears... And it's just really frustrating.

I deleted the prefs folder but that didn't change anything.

Any solutions?

Thanks

Message 5 of 8
Anonymous

Not sure, but one other thing you could try is to swap your dialog style to use the native OS version instead of the new Maya QT based one. You change that here:

Window > Settings/Preferences > Preferences

Under Files/Projects section in the File Dialog group. See the attached image for details.

Mike

DialogStyle.jpg

Message 6 of 8
Anonymous

Ok it's working!

Thanks a lot for the quick answer! 😄

Message 7 of 8
Anonymous

Thanks Michael that worked for me.
Message 8 of 8
Anonymous

ABSOLUTELY NOTHING works for me. Every time I "open Scene" the top bar turn white and the whole program freezes and cannot click anything else. Just gives me that "bing" sound. No dialog box to open a file..nothing. Have tried everything here. Simply trying to get a work project done and out of no where Maya will not open its own file??   PLEASE HELP!!!

JASON

Can't find what you're looking for? Ask the community or share your knowledge.

Post to forums  

Autodesk Design & Make Report