Model Cars Magazine Forum

Studio 27 Ferrari Bb512

Was wondering if one of MCM "reporters" made an article or bought or made, the Japanese Studio27 multimedia kit of the Ferrari BB5512 (factory stock) curbside kit.... is it worth the $130 demanded..... should I settle with Fujimi "full" detail NEW BB512 kit listed at $32??? Pro's comment would be welcomed

Thanks for your wise answer ;)

• 3 weeks later...

Already made both:

Revell 1979 release of the 365GTBB4 1st generation (1973-75) is surely not the best: bad body proprtions & oversized tires + fitting problems...believe me not a kit I recommend.

Tokyo Marui kit of the 70's was for quite a time one of the best plastic 1/24 kit for body proportion & overall look when completed.....not perfect but way better then Revell, ESCI, Nitto, Nichimo or Otaki kits.

But from what I've seen in contests The Studio27 kit is awesome beats every single kit I made of this Italian beauty, the finished model looks absolutely amazing even better then Fujimi 1/16 scale BB512!!!!! not bad for a curbside model! too bad can't get a review of the kit.

Will probably get Fujimi newest BB512 1/24 kit, looks not bad at all &......4 times cheaper!!!!!.....no forum members got this one in stack or on workbench for review B)

I have the Fujimi BB512i ... It looks great to me... let me know if you want to see pictures of anything in particular

Already made both:

Revell 1979 release of the 365GTBB4 1st generation (1973-75) is surely not the best: bad body proprtions & oversized tires + fitting problems...believe me not a kit I recommend.

Tokyo Marui kit of the 70's was for quite a time one of the best plastic 1/24 kit for body proportion & overall look when completed.....not perfect but way better then Revell, ESCI, Nitto, Nichimo or Otaki kits.

But from what I've seen in contests The Studio27 kit is awesome beats every single kit I made of this Italian beauty, the finished model looks absolutely amazing even better then Fujimi 1/16 scale BB512!!!!! not bad for a curbside model! too bad can't get a review of the kit.

Will probably get Fujimi newest BB512 1/24 kit, looks not bad at all &......4 times cheaper!!!!!.....no forum members got this one in stack or on workbench for review B)

I have the Fujimi 512 kit in my stack (too many other projects in front of it...); it's very nice but the wheels are a couple scale inches larger than they should be, and the tires (sourced from one of their older Porsche 911 kits) had to be stretched a lot to go over the wheels. There was some rumor that Fujimi might retool the wheels, the Japanese builders were very disappointed in that one aspect. Otherwise it's a really nice kit. The engine detail is somewhat simplified, but the proportions are perfect. If you Google enough you find stuff like the following from a Japanese builder, his kit came out really nice, it's all in Japanese but you can figure out what he did by his photos, and he did do some extra detailing:

Ferrari Boxer A

Ferrari Boxer B

Snoop around on his site, there are some really cool projects there. Wish I could read Japanese!

Excellent site. Looks like a great kit but those wheels look huge...

Fujimi Kit looks great but tires & wheels seems to be the low point ... not the correct look a little bit too low profile (bigger wheels as mention?)+ 4 same size tires & wheels at all corners, rear wheels & tires should be wider on BB512.

....will take the ones in Studio27 kit :)

Body proportions, interior & from what I see on the site, even the flat12 looks perfect.

Thanks to all.