Accessibility Scanner is a tool that suggests accessibility improvements for Android apps without requiring technical skills. Read more to learn about new features we’ve recently launched and how Accessibility Scanner makes the process of running automated tests simple and easy for all users.
Designing for accessibility can allow you to reach a larger audience and provide a more inclusive experience. Accessibility Scanner is a tool that suggests accessibility improvements for Android apps without requiring technical skills. Simply open the app you want to scan, then tap the Accessibility Scanner button to find items in the app that may benefit from accessibility improvements. You can use this app to suggest changes to developers or to make changes yourself.
Accessibility Scanner suggests improvements such as enlarging small touch targets, increasing contrast, and providing content descriptions so that your app can be more easily used by individuals with accessibility needs.
- New settings for adjusting contrast and touch target size thresholds
- Improved UI for contrast suggestions, allowing users to quickly review contrast suggestions.
- Two new accessibility checks (Unsupported Item Type and Traversal Order)
Learn more & send feedback
Accessibility Scanner is backed by Google's open source Android Accessibility Test Framework. The project recently released a major update with new accessibility suggestions.
- Check out the Accessibility Test Framework project on GitHub
- Learn how our test framework provides accessibility checks for Espresso and Robolectric
- Read about general accessibility best practices
- Send feedback through the "Help and feedback" option in-app or via Play Store review