The workshop format:
There will be 3 mini-lecture presentations on the following topics: 1) learning styles 2) intelligence types 3) developing materials / activities/ training that targets the preferred learning style. The mini-lectures are designed in multiple formats to illustrate how some formats appeal to certain types of learners. The session will conclude with a case study scenario that the participants will be asked to discuss in group and present their conclusions.
- Apply strategies learned and identify materials appropriate for each type of learner;
- Recognize the differences in learning styles;
- Understand the different types of learning styles;
- Experience assessing and recognizing your own learning styles in comparison to others;
- Participate in learning styles assessment measures;
- Identify the the appropriate teaching and learning materials appropriate for intelligence type and learning style.
The workshop is limited to 10 participants. A light lunch will be served.
Click to RSVP: https://sites.google.com/a/stern.nyu.edu/rlsrsvp/
|Wed Feb 29, 2012 12:30pm – 2pm Eastern Time|
|Tisch 5-30 (IT Conference Room) (map)|