DARKNESS TO LIGHT: END CHILDHOOD SEXUAL ABUSE
Help children stay safe from sexual predators
Free workshop for parents, staff, and volunteers advocating for children
Stewards of Children’s Darkness 2 Light is a prevention training program that teaches adults how to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse. The program is designed for anyone who is concerned about the welfare and safety of children. It is the only nationally distributed, evidence based program proven to increase knowledge, improve attitudes, and change child protective behaviors. This national program is being presented locally with funding and support from Junior League of Springfield, Ozarks Regional YMCA, Ozarks Health Advocacy Foundation and The Victim Center.
This two hour training is being offered free of charge at Forest Institute on Friday, February 21st from 9am -11am in the All Purpose Room.
· Facts about the problem of child sexual abuse
· The types of situations in which child sexual abuse might occur
· Simple, effective strategies for protecting children from sexual abuse
· The importance of talking about the prevention of sexual abuse with children and other adults
· The signs of sexual abuse so that you might intervene and be able to react responsibly
What Outcomes You Can Expect:
· Increased awareness of the prevalence, consequences and circumstances of child sexual abuse
· New skills to prevent, recognize and react responsibly to child sexual abuse
· Individual commitment to action via a personal prevention plan
(This training counts toward continuing education requirements if needed)
This event is being hosted by Delta Kappa – juice and donuts will be available!
** Please sign up in the Library at the Academic Building **
|Fri Feb 21, 2014 9am – 11am Central Time|