Museo Frida Kahlo – Google Cultural Institute
La Casa Azul (The Blue House) was the place where Frida Kahlo, the most renowned Latin American artist in the world, came into this world, lived, and took her last breath. The building, which dates to 1904, was not a large-scale construction. Today it has an 800 m2 building surrounded by property measuring 1200 m2. Diego and Frida filled it with color, folk art, and pre-Hispanic pieces to show their admiration for the peoples and cultures of Mexico. The construction underwent two major modifications. When Russian revolutionary Leon Trotsky lived with Diego and Frida in 1937, the property today occupied by the garden was purchased. In 1946 Diego Rivera asked Juan O'Gorman to build Frida's studio. The interior of the house has been maintained virtually intact. This was respected by the poet and the couple's friend, Carlos Pellicer, who designed the museum display for the space after Frida's death. Therefore, the house and its contents preserve that intimate atmosphere.