With the Views website now offline, today marks the beginning of an exciting new adventure for those who enjoy sharing great, geotagged imagery.
Effective today, you’re now gaining:
- More exposure for your new Maps profile (see “Contributions” from the maps.google.com side menu)
- More exposure for all photo spheres you associate with Maps listings
- Better integration with the rest of Google Maps
In the very near term, we’ll also be:
- Displaying the total number of published images in your account
- Showing your total view count
- Adding more ways to publish and geotag images
And of course, we are working to deliver you additional useful tools in the near and longer term. Thank you for your patience during this transition. We’re very excited for the many improvements in store!
— The Google Maps team